The national natural park 'Losiny Ostrov' is a unique reserve territory. Hear, near to millions-strong city local naturein its all variety has been kept: coniferous, birch and wide leaves trees, sites of meadows and bogs, sources of the river Yauza with lakes. In ten kilometers from the Kremlin there are beavers, wild boars and the elks, many birds of prey, rare plants grow in the Moscow area.
Being in the center of the Moscow agglomeration with the population nearby 10 million people, the national park 'Losini ostrov' and its recreational zone is one of the most popular relaxation spots for inhabitants and visitors of the capital. The forest park is located to north-east from the , its third part is within administrative borders of the city.
Tour duration: 1 day
Season: All year round
Recommended Group Size: 1-10 PAX
Transportation: on foot
Day 1. Excursion in the reserve zone of the park with visit to the biological research station. Walking along a wood ecological path. Visit to the center 'Russian Life'. Acquaintance with an old traditional Russian way of life, tea drinking with pies baked in a Russian furnace. Visit to the 'Birds' Garden' with a guide. General duration of the excursion is 3 hours.
- Elks and their cubs in immediate proximity Biological research station (October-April). In especially protected zone during the winter period it is possible to see wild boars and herd of the spotty deers which are fed up on specially equipped platforms.
- Wood ecological track with remarkable landscapes, wood inhabitants and stories about them with the most unexpected things, national signs and customs, ecological games.
- Visit center 'Russian life', which interior is stylized under Russian log hut.
- 'The Bird's garden', with seasons birds, ill birds and animals.
Costs - 2009/2010
Group, pax 1-10 persons cost 27 EUR per person
- excursions per program with entrance fees and Russian speaking guide
- meals per program
- English or French speaking guide 51 EUR per group
- Transfer (from any point of Moscow to the park and back): car (1-3 PAX) 59 EUR, minibus (4-10 PAX) 76 EUR per vehicle
- Master-class' (1 hour) on preparation of traditional Russian gingerbreads, to participate in a batch (you can take away the gingerbread made by own hands, with yourselves) 11 EUR per group
- Horse riding (on request)